The meeting aims to bring together researchers on the foundations of quantum theory from across all the institutions in London to facilitate collaboration and training of early career researchers. Details are as follows:
There is no fee to attend this meeting, but registration is required so that we know how many people to cater for, since we will be providing lunch and refreshments during the day. To register, please send an email to
email@example.com, including "London Foundations Connection" in the subject line, with your name and affiliation, and any special dietary requirements you may have. If you have already confirmed with the organizers that you will be attending the workshop by e-mail then there is no need to email again. The registration deadline is 6th April 2013.
The morning session will consist of two invited tutorial lectures on topics in the foundations of quantum theory, to be announced shortly.
There will be 4 or 5 research talks in the afternoon and we would like to solicit contributions for these. Appropriate topics include, but are not limited to:
* Interpretations of quantum theory
* Philosophical foundations of quantum theory
* Quantum measurement theory
* Alternative mathematical formalisms for quantum theory
* Generalizations of quantum theory
* Axiomatic reconstructions of quantum theory
* No go theorems (e.g. Bell's theorem, Kochen Specker, etc.)
* Quantum foundations meets quantum information
* Quantum foundations meets quantum gravity
If you would like to give a talk then please send a title and abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2013. We would particularly like to encourage submissions from early-career researchers (students and postdocs) and we will try to ensure balance between the participating institutions.
When the speakers and schedule are confirmed, information will be made available on the website: http://lfc.mattleifer.info
Joe Henson (Imperial)
* Fay Dowker (Imperial)
* Matt Leifer (Perimeter Institute/UCL)
* Joe Henson (Imperial)