ColOpt Winter school, 4th-8th March 2019, Herrsching, Munich, Germany COLLECTIVE EFFECTS, STRUCTURED LIGHT AND QUANTUM MATTER
ColOpt Winter school, 4th-8th March 2019, Herrsching, Munich, Germany
COLLECTIVE EFFECTS, STRUCTURED LIGHT AND QUANTUM MATTER
This event is a residential workshop for young researchers (predoctoral, to early post doctoral) working in the areas of cold atoms, out-of-equilibrium quantum physics and quantum technologies. The Winter school venue is in Herrsching am Ammersee near Munich.
The Winterschool venue is the Haus der bayerischen Landwirtschaft Herrsching am Ammersee near Munich. The programme includes research presentations and interactive sessions of esteemed external and ColOpt speakers and a young scientist workshop with talks from rising stars. In line with the inter-sectorial strategy of ColOpt, career talks give an overview on careers in quantum technology and laser development, non-academic research institutes and career paths outside of core physics. Delegates will have the opportunity to present posters. The best student poster submissions will be invited to give oral presentations within the young scientist workshop.
PROGRAMME AND INVITED SPEAKERS
Our confirmed scientific speakers and topics are:
1. Andrew Forbes (University of Witwatersrand and Johannesberg): Structured Light
2. Tilmann Esslinger (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Zürich): Quantum Simulations
3. Susanne Yelin (University of Connecticut): Collective Scattering
4. Francesco Piazza (Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems Dresden): Correlated light-atom interactions
5. Peter Barker (University College London): Levitated Optomechanics and cooling to the quantum limit