Joint Laboratory Integrated Quantum Sensors is located at the HU Berlin and Ferdinand Braun Institute in Berlin. Our activities span a large spectrum from development of miniaturized laser systems for space experiments to quantum memories based on cold atomic ensembles. In our group we have an open PhD positions as part of a project funded by DFG.
Development of a compact velocimeter based on atomic ensembles
In this project we will use warm atomic gases and nonlinear quantum optical techniques, such as electromagnetically induced transparency, to develop a compact velocity sensor. The position requires competence in laser physics, integration and atomic physics. The position will be embedded within a project funded by the DFG, together with international collaborators at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) in Taiwan.
Required scientific and technical competences:
- Master’s degree in physics
- Hands-on experience in atomic physics and/or quantum optics experiments
- Good programming skills are desired
- General laboratory skills (e.g. RF electronics, opto-mechanics and optics)
- Good team spirit and ability to work independently in a collaboration is essential
Contact: Dr. Markus Krutzik (markus.krutzik at physik.hu-berlin.de) Dr. Mustafa Gündoğan (mustafa.guendogan at physik.hu-berlin.de)
Please include Reference number DR/040/21 in your application.