Postdoc in quantum dot integration with optical nanofibres at OIST, Japan
The Light-Matter Interactions Unit (groups.oist.jp/light) in OIST, headed by Prof Síle Nic Chormaic, invites applications for a postdoc on quantum dot integration with structured optical nanofibers for cavity QED measurements. The successful candidate will work within the Neutral Atoms for Quantum Technologies Group. Only candidates with research vision and exemplary publication records will be considered. The successful candidate must have experience in nano waveguides, optical nanofibers, ideally with quantum dot manipulation skills. Ability to work as a team member, while assuming day-to-day responsibilities in the laboratory is essential. The following experience is crucial:
• Fabrication of structured optical nanofibres/waveguides/nano-optics using FIB milling;
• Ability to plan and execute a research project;
• Modeling of experimental setups using packages such as COMSOL and MATLAB;
• Assistance with student supervision in the laboratory;
• Proven ability to communicate fluently in English and to publish high-impact papers in a related field
Further details available by emailing Prof. Nic Chormaic. Applications reviewed as they are received.
1. Ph.D. in Physics with specialization in quantum dot manipulation, cold atoms or nano-optical devices
2. Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent interpersonal skills
3. An excellent publication record, ability to work independently, and adaptive to new research directions.
TERM: Full-time, fixed-term appointment for two years with an extension of one additional year possible upon satisfactory progress. Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive).
STARTING DATE: Summer 2018
- Full curriculum vita including names of at least 3 academic referees (in English)
- Cover letter (in English), detailing research plan
- Summary of research interests and experience (in English)
APPLICATION DUE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
EMAIL ADDRESS: Recruitingemail@example.com
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST), established in 2011, is a model for change in education and research. Beautifully situated on the subtropical island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields. The day-to-day language is English. www.oist.jp