Postdoctoral Positions in Quantum Computing at Argonne National Laboratory
The quantum computing group at Argonne National Laboratory is seeking postdoctoral candidates in quantum computing. We are interested in strong candidates with expertise in various aspects of quantum computing, including quantum algorithms, quantum distributed systems, quantum networking, quantum simulations, or quantum error correction. Positions are available immediately, though candidates should be available no later than July 2019.
Argonne National Laboratory is part of the Chicago Quantum Exchange, a research hub that is building a 30-mile quantum teleportation network using telecommunication fiber. Argonne is also at the forefront of innovation in computing and will be the site of the first exascale supercomputer in the US. Postdoctoral candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with quantum scientists at Argonne and partner institutions in the Chicago area, including the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Fermilab.
We are seeking candidates with knowledge of quantum computing who also have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with large-scale code development in C, C++, Python or Java
- Compilation and circuit optimization techniques
- Communication networks, including design and simulations of network protocols
- Scientific simulations, including simulations of errors in quantum systems
- Optical networking and quantum optics at telecommunication wavelengths
What we Offer:
- Ability to participate in high-profile research to build the first large-scale teleportation network in the US
- Collaborations with a diverse group of scientists covering aspects of quantum computing ranging from theory of quantum computing to applied physics
- Competitive salary, relocation assistance, and comprehensive benefits package
- A vibrant community of 3,300 employees including scientists, postdoctoral scholars and students located in close proximity to Chicago
Candidates should apply at https://www.anl.gov/hr/postdoctoral-applicants for a position with requisition number 405345. Interested candidates who have questions about the project can also contact the project lead Martin Suchara at msuchara[at]anl[dot]gov.