Job no: 497206
Work type: Fixed term / Full time
Location: Canberra, ACT
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
About the role
· Research Associate Level A: $95,449 to $102,091 pa (+17% super and leave loading)
· Fixed term – 30 months starting ASAP
UNSW Canberra has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate in Quantum Estimation. The Research Associate Position is a key role within the research team working on quantum estimation project supported by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology and the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project (DP) “Efficient and high-precision system identification in quantum cybernetics”. The Research Associate will conduct research into the development of novel algorithms and approaches for quantum estimation theoretically and experimentally.
With the support of senior academics and the research team you will develop your research to be published in peer reviewed journals. You will also be required to travel to attend meetings related to your research both nationally and internationally as well as present your research findings at national and/or international conferences when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
· A PhD (or PhD thesis submission by 1 July 2019) in in Quantum Physics, Electrical Engineering or an area related to quantum information and quantum optics..
· Demonstrated ability to conduct research in Quantum Estimation with limited supervision.
· A demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
How to apply: If you want to continue your research in novel efficient algorithms in a collaborative and supportive environment please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (+61 2) 9385 3475
Dr Hidehiro Yonezawa
T: +61 2 62688704
Associate Professor Daoyi Dong
T: +61 2 6268 6285
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Tuesday 30th July 2019