The Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies at the University of Warsaw, Poland (qot.uw.edu.pl) seeks to appoint group leaders who will develop ambitious and innovative research effort exploring quantum phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, in optical and optically controlled system, with the long-term aim of their practical utilisation. The appointments will include start-up packages with fully funded junior research positions and access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure.
The Centre has been established in partnership with the University of Oxford under the International Research Agenda Programme operated by the Foundation for Polish Science and is hosted by the Centre of New Technologies, which is a new interdisciplinary scientific unit of the University of Warsaw focused on research and technology development. The University of Warsaw is the top Polish academic institution with an extensive research programme attracting best students from all over the country and beyond, located in one of the most vibrant cities of Central Europe.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- hold a doctorate in a discipline relevant to the research agenda pursued at the Centre;
- demonstrate outstanding research achievements reflected by the publication record;
- present plans for research effort that will place the Centre at the forefront of scientific developments at the world-wide scale;
- possess leadership skills required to direct a research group;
- exhibit openness to internal and external collaborations.
- curriculum vitae;
- research record with a full list of publications;
- description of research plans, including innovation potential and possible prospects to establish industrial connections;
- supporting statement specifying how the candidate meets the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre at large;
- reference letters from three senior researchers familiar with candidate’s work sent directly to the e-mail address email@example.com before the application deadline;
- signed consent clause for processing personal data in the application process. The clause can be downloaded from http://qot.cent.uw.edu.pl/positions/
should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 February 2021, 23:59 CET. All documents, except the reference letters, should be attached to a single e-mail as pdf files.
It is expected that the candidates will be notified by 25 February 2021 and those shortlisted will be interviewed (remotely or in person) on 4-5 March 2021. Appointments will be made at the level commensurate with the qualifications and the experience of selected candidates. Informal enquiries about career opportunities at the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies can be sent to the Director of the Centre, Professor Konrad Banaszek, at email@example.com.