The Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ) invites applications for the
Vienna Quantum Fellowships
These newly established Fellowships in Experimental or Theoretical Quantum Science will be awarded both on the PhD- and the postdoc-level on the basis of an international competition. The appointments are for a three-year duration. Postdoctoral Fellowships carry a competitive annual salary, and offer an annual research expense fund. PhD Fellowships will participate in the Vienna graduate program CoQuS.
The Vienna Quantum Fellowship program has been established with the support from the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research to offer young scientists the best possible opportunity to develop their talents in the environment of the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ).
The VCQ faculty provides a broad variety of research opportunities in the areas of Experimental and Theoretical Quantum Science (see http://vcq.quantum.at):
• Matter-wave interferometry and quantum atom optics
• Micro- and nanoscale quantum optics and quantum optomechanics
• Microoptics and novel quantum states of light
• Cold atoms and degenerate quantum gases
• Many-body quantum physics and quantum simulations
• Entanglement-based quantum communication on Earth and via satellites
• Quantum information and foundations of physics
Application material should be sent to email@example.com
Copies of the curriculum vitae with email address, publications list and statement of research interests are required. The application should be accompanied by at least two letters of recommendation.
Additional information can be obtained from http://vcq.quantum.at/fellowships
Deadline for the application is December 31, 2011. Fellowship candidates will automatically be considered for other available postdoctoral positions in their fields of interest.