The ICMAT research term "Quantum Information Theory 2023" aims to bring together researchers working in quantum information theory, especially in its mathematical aspects.
It will take place at ICMAT (Madrid, Spain) from 27 February to 31 March, 2023.
The main goal is to foster discussions and collaborations between the participants. Due to that, and continuing with the tradition initiated in our previous programs in 2013 and 2019, there will be only usually only two lectures per day, leaving plenty of time for interactions and self-organized discussions.
The program comprises two advanced schools and three focus weeks, structured as follows:
- 27 Feb - 3 March - Advanced School: Optimization methods in Quantum Information
- 6-10 March - Focus Week 1: “Tensor Networks”
- 13-17 March - Focus Week 2: “Quantum Many Body Systems and Quantum Information”
- 20-24 March - Focus Week 3: “Functional Analysis and Quantum Information”
- 27-31 March - Advanced School: Operator algebras, quantum information and quantum many body systems
Registration is free, but compulsory. Please use the registration tab in the navigation bar. The deadline to register in the program is February 10, 2023.
There is also a limited number of grants to cover accommodation for PhD students and young postdocs. You can apply to them in the registration form. You will be asked to include a brief CV and a brief recommendation letter from your supervisor. The deadline to apply for the support grants is November 30. Long stays (two weeks or longer) are encouraged.