Conference website https://quantumweek2020.cambridgequantum.com/qalgs.html
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=qualg20
Submission deadline: August 2, 2020
The Quantum Algorithms 2020 workshop aims to bring together leading researchers working on a range of topics from fundamental questions on quantum algorithms to practical applications for near term quantum computing. A series of invited and contributed talks will highlight recent novel results in the field to motivate discussions on open questions and future directions on the computational reach of quantum algorithms.
The workshop will happen as an online virtual event.
The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to, current hot topics in the field:
- Quantum algorithms for optimisation and machine learning
- Quantum random walks, oracular and algebraic algorithms
- Experimental implementations of algorithms on small-scale quantum computers
- Limitations and computational power of hybrid quantum-classical algorithms
- Quantum advantage proposals and explorations of quantum speed-ups
- Circuit complexity
- Protocols for characterisation and mitigation of errors in quantum devices
- Verification and benchmarking of quantum computations
- Aram Harrow, Center for Theoretical Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Laura Mancinska, QMATH, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
The main purpose of the workshop is to exchange recent ideas and research areas related to quantum algorithms. Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of 1-2 pages . It should clearly describe the main ideas and results and, if available, refer to the accompanying paper or preprint. In case of a positive evaluation, submissions are accepted either as oral or poster presentation to be part of the workshop program. The workshop has no formal proceedings
Note that QuAlg20 forms part of a week-long sequence of workshops on quantum computing; see https://quantumweek2020.cambridgequantum.com/