September 18-20, 2019
The school illustrates the operation principles and technologies in the field of Single-Photon Detectors, together with application examples in the field of Quantum Technologies. The school is addressed to PhD students, Post-Docs and young researchers with backgrounds in Engineering and Physics.
The event is organized by the Center for Materials and Microsystems of the Fondazione Bruno Kessler and by the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Trento with the support of the Q@TN initiative.
The official language of the course is English.
- Fundamentals of Single-Photon Avalanche Diodes
- Silicon Photomultipliers
- CMOS Single Photon Avalanche Diode Arrays
- Superconducting Single Photon Detectors
- Photon-counting Cameras (EM-CCD, iCCD, iCMOS)
- Vacuum detectors
- Applications of single photon detectors