Position open for a 2-year postdoc in the new group “Quantum Dynamics and Control” lead by Aurelia Chenu at the University of Luxembourg, with starting date October 1st, 2021.
The postdoc fellow will be working on dynamics of non-Hermitian quantum systems. The applicant should be a creative and motivated researcher with
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
• A high-quality PhD in Theoretical Physics;
• Solid knowledge of Quantum Mechanics;
• Good written and oral skills in English.
Your role: study open quantum systems from the non-Hermitian perspective. You should be inclined towards analytical analysis, although numerics will be equally developed during the project. Knowing tools of stochastic and spectral analysis is an asset. You will be closely interacting with one PhD student.
We offer a dynamic research unit in a recently created, quickly growing University; excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment; together with opportunities to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, conferences, etc).
Please send the following documents for application:
• Motivation letter, stating your experience and why you are interested in quantum dynamics;
• Curriculum vitae (include year of birth);
• Contact of two persons willing to send letters of recommendation;
• Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades.
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the keyword ‘NHpostdoc’ in the email subject.
Please mention if you need a visa to work in Europe.
Applications will be processed upon arrival, and close on August 15th, 2021.
Early submission is encouraged.