CQIQC Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Quantum Information and Quantum Control 2021
The Centre for Quantum Information and Quantum Control at the University of Toronto invites applications from outstanding candidates for its Prize Post-Doctoral Fellowship. The program provides funding for the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to University of Toronto’s program in quantum science and technology. Total Award: $75,000 CAD/year renewable annually for up to three years ($50,000 provided by CQIQC; $25,000 plus maintenance and support costs provided by supervisor).
Eligibility and Qualifications: Canadian citizens and permanent residents and foreign citizens are eligible to apply. Applicants must have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Doctoral degree before the start-date of their award. Candidates who received their Doctorates in the past four years are strongly encouraged (special consideration of career breaks due to family commitments, health issues, mandatory military service or other disruptions will be made: please include a justification if applicable). The award may only be held at the University of Toronto. Holders of current tenure-stream faculty positions or previous holders of the CQIQC Post-Doctoral Fellowship are not eligible to apply. Only in special circumstances will the fellowship be awarded to an applicant from the University of Toronto who is planning to stay within the same research group where they completed their PhD degree: please include a justification if applicable. Important Dates: applications due: 31 March 2021; Awards to be taken up by 31 December 2021.
Application Procedure: All materials to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Approach one (or more) current CQIQC faculty member(s) (either Member or Affiliate), who
is/are willing to be you supervisor and provide matching funds for your project. “Bridging appointments” involving two or more research groups are particularly encouraged; a full list of CQIQC faculty is here: https://cqiqc.physics.utoronto.ca/people/members.html.
2. submit the following in .pdf format, with the email subject line ‘CQIQC Postdoc Application’: - Curriculum Vitae, including all degrees (with dates) and publications.
- one-page research proposal (pages should be 8 1⁄2" x 11"; single-spaced with no more than
six lines of type per inch and with minimum 3⁄4" margin; font should be 12pt Times New
- (if applicable) justification for special considerations (one page maximum), as mentioned
in the eligibility requirements above.
3. Request that your supervisor(s) submit a letter of support, with an endorsement of your proposal and a commitment to supervise you and to provide the matching funds. The letter should be submitted to the above address, with “CQIQC Postdoc letter of support” in the subject line. Applications without such a letter of support will not be considered.
4. Request up to two letters of recommendation (not from your intended supervisor(s)) be sent to the above address with “CQIQC Postdoc letter of recommendation” in the subject line. Applications without any letters of recommendation will not be considered; if more than two letters are received, we will consider first two unless instructed otherwise.