IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 100+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Munich, Germany and Bilbao, Spain. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world leading quantum computers for the wellbeing of humankind now and for the future.
We are looking for a Quantum Algorithm Engineer in Munich to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress. You will be embedded in the Quantum Algorithm and Application Team and in constant exchange with other technical Teams of the IQM Family
What will I be doing?
You will be developing new and improving existing Quantum Algorithms for specific applications
What skills do I need?
- PhD in theoretical physics, computer science, applied mathematics or similar field
- Deep knowledge of quantum algorithms and quantum information
- Experience in quantum error correction is particularly appreciated
- Knowledge of the theory of superconducting circuits is particularly appreciated
- 2+ years experience developing code using Python or another high-level language for scientific applications
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Quantum algorithms for quantum chemistry; for example, VQE, QPE … as well as experience in classical algorithms for quantum chemistry; for example, QMC, DMFT, DFT
- Experience in analog quantum simulation of spin-boson systems, for example to simulate matter interaction or electron phonon interaction
- Quantum combinatorial optimisation, nonlinear optimisation including classical solution strategies
- Quantum Algorithms for solving partial differential equations as well their classical solution methods
- You feel comfortable in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- You keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
- You create elegant solutions amidst complexity
- You care deeply about building quality in and keeping the internal and external quality of your code high
- You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibility
What I can expect from IQM
An important mission to work on with a passionate and diverse team A unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization Plenty of room to progress alongside the company
Please send your application the soonest, we proceed with interviews with a continuous mode. You can apply for the position at: https://iqm.teamtailor.com/jobs/1404075-quantum-algorithm-engineer-munich-m-w-d