Competitive PhD position at the ICMol (University of Valencia) within the Program INPhINIT from “La Caixa” foundation:
Topic: Molecular Spins for Quantum Computing
Research will take place within the context of the project ChiralPbit, access full scientific details here:
It will be the continuation of the project DECRESIM, full scientific details here:
Summary: PhD position at the ICMol (University of Valencia) within the INPhINIT program of "La Caixa" Foundation. The PhD project seeks to employ molecular nanomagnets as quantum bits and manipulate their quantum states coherently via spin-polarized electrical current. The project has remarkable multidisciplinary character and combines the fields of molecular electronics and spintronics.
What we offer:
- 3-year contract in a stimulating research training environment, with access to appropriate equipment, facilities and opportunities.
34.800€/year + 3564€/year for reasearch costs + 7.500€ when presenting the thesis.
- Complementary training programme: Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship workshops and Professional and Career Development sessions.
- High-quality academic and industrial secondments.
At the time of recruitment (Jan 27th 2022) candidates must:
- Be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree or be in a position to apply for one.
- Have the studies required to enroll in a PhD program.
- Have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3-4 reference letters.
- Transcripts of the academic records.
For complete information and application form can be found in:
- January 27th 2022. End of the call for applications.
- February 10th 2022. Deadline for presenting the language certificate
Contact: Interested candidates should contact Dr. Alejandro Gaita (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include their CV.