The “Vienna Doctoral Program on Complex Quantum Systems (CoQuS)" is a graduate program funded by the FWF, and jointly hosted and supported by the University of Vienna and the Vienna University of Technology, Austria.
The CoQuS Program announces new openings for highly qualified doctoral/graduate students in experimental and theoretical quantum physics, with a strong emphasis on
• Fundamental tests of physics
• Quantum information concepts and implementations
• Matter wave interferometry: foundations and applications
• Quantum technology on the nanoscale
• Quantum physics in the solid state
• Cold quantum gases & atom chips
• Entanglement of massive particles
• Hybrid quantum systems
• Strongly correlated quantum systems
• Quantum effects in biological systems
• Nuclear quantum clock
• Optical Quantum Computing
The selected candidates are expected to take up their PhD studies in October 2012.
Both participating universities aim at increasing the percentage of female researchers. Female graduate students are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted no later than December 12th, 2011.
Information on pre-selection will be announced at the end of January 2012.
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to a hearing in Vienna taking place on February 27th and 28th, 2012.
Details of the research possibilities and of the admission procedure are available at:
Mrs. Canan Göser / CoQuS office
Vienna Doctoral Program on Complex Quantum Systems
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics
A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 4277 51277
Fax: +43 1 4277 9512