Paderborn University is a high-performance and internationally oriented university with approximately 18,000 students. Within interdisciplinary teams, we undertake forward-looking research, design innovative teaching concepts and actively transfer knowledge into society. As an important research and cooperation partner, the university also shapes regional development strategies. We offer our around 2,600 employees in research, teaching, technology and administration a lively, family-friendly, equal opportunity environment, a lean management structure and diverse opportunities.
Join us to invent future!
With the Institute for Photonic Quantum Systems (PhoQS), Paderborn University wants to establish an international research centre in the field of photonic quantum technologies. The aim is to develop new technologies for photon-based quantum applications as well as new theoretical and experimental concepts and research approaches. Ultimately, the focus is on understanding and controlling photonic quantum simulators and quantum computers.
(salary is according to E13 TV-L)
A position with 100 % of the regular working hours is available as of the next possible date. The employment is initially limited to three years and is based on the legal regulations of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetzes (WissZeitVG).
Your duties and responsibilities:
• Support in the construction and operation of a (photonic) quantum communication network and its combination with classical communication networks.
• Support for users of a quantum network
• Development and optimisation of quantum communication protocols, e.g. for key exchange protocols
• Organising and running courses on the basics and use of quantum networks and quantum communication protocols (basic to advanced)
• Leading a team for the operation of a quantum network and its integration into classical networks
• Completed PhD in computer science, mathematics or physics or comparable qualification
• Experience in the operation of communication networks and the design of network protocols (classical and/or quantum)
• High motivation and willingness for interdisciplinary cooperation between computer science and physics
• Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
• Friendliness, flexibility, ability to work in a team, initiative and willingness to work independently
Please send your application including a CV (preferably in a single pdf file) using the Ref. No. 6106 by 30th September, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org