Postdoc position in theoretical quantum information science is available at the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT) at the University of Warsaw. Successful candidate will work in a team of theoretical physicists on one of the following topics:
- Quantum resource theories: exploring fundamental features of quantum systems, such as quantum entanglement, coherence, and quantum thermodynamics. Addressing questions such as the state conversion problem, quantifying resource costs for quantum process implementation.
- Quantum communication and quantum computation: application of quantum resource theories to quantify resource consumption in quantum communication protocols and to detect quantum features required for noisy quantum computation.
- Open quantum systems: application of quantum entanglement and coherence to detect and quantify memory effects in open quantum systems.
Profile of the candidates:
Postdoc candidates should have a PhD degree in physics or related area, and have research expertise in at least one of the following topics: quantum resource theories, quantum communication, quantum computation, open quantum systems
The Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT), offers an open and friendly research environment, with access to all the facilities available within the Centre of New Technologies (CeNT), an interdisciplinary research center established within the University of Warsaw to gather international researchers of different backgrounds and experience, in order to conduct state-of-the-art research in biological, chemical and physical sciences. University of Warsaw strongly values the diversity of candidates and is very committed to the equality of opportunity.
Successful candidate will work within the Quantum Resources and Information Laboratory, led by Dr. Alexander Streltsov, yet in close collaboration with other theoretical and experimental groups at QOT, as well as other research teams specializing in quantum theory and its implementations within Warsaw’s research community.
For more information see the following links:
Quantum Resources and Information Laboratory: http://qot.uw.edu.pl/qri-lab/
Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT): http://qot.uw.edu.pl/
Centre of New Technologies (CeNT): http://cent.uw.edu.pl/en/
University of Warsaw: http://en.uw.edu.pl/
Quantum information groups in Warsaw: http://quantum-warsaw.pl
Earliest starting date is 1 June 2021. The duration of the contract is 1 year, with possibility of extension. Informal inquiries can be sent to Dr. Alexander Streltsov, email@example.com
Applicants for the Postdoc position should submit the following documents via email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research record
- Contact details of at least two senior researchers familiar with candidate’s work
- Consent clause for processing personal data in the application process, signed and scanned, or electronically signed, that can be downloaded from http://qot.cent.uw.edu.pl/positions/