Postdoc Position in Quantum Computing
USC’s Information Sciences Institute (ISI) invites applications for a postdoc position starting immediately. This is a 1-year appointment with a strong possibility of reappointment.
In this position, the successful applicant is expected to contribute to the design and development of algorithms and methods in the field of adiabatic quantum computing (quantum annealing), specifically, searching for potential advantages of quantum annealers over standard algorithms.
The applicant should have strong analytical and numerical skills as well as knowledge in quantum computing, quantum mechanics and computational physics. The research may also include an experimental component.
- PhD (received within the last 3 years) in physics, computer sciences or other related disciplines.
- Knowledge in quantum computing, quantum mechanics, computational physics and numerical methods.
- Strong programming skills in, e.g., C/C++, Fortran, Python.
- Background in Condensed Matter Physics, specifically spin systems and/or spin glasses.
- Background in discrete optimization.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
To be considered for the position, please attach the following to your application:
1) a detailed CV with publications and contact information for three references; and
2) a research statement outlining the candidate’s research, and interest in the position.
3) arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to Itay Hen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Two positions are currently open and will remain so until they are filled. To apply please use
or contact Itay Hen at email@example.com for more information.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS SOON AS THEY ARE RECEIVED.