The group on Quantum Information and Quantum Optics at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México http://gioc.fisica.unam.mx/ announces a postdoctoral position in the field of open quantum systems. Applicants are welcome with a background in either of the following (or related) fields:
- quantum information
- random matrix theory,
- many-body systems
- quantum metrology/sensing,
- classical complex systems.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in physics, have a strong background in theoretical quantum physics and be capable of communicating in English or Spanish. The start date of the contract can be agreed upon, the beginning of 2020 is preferable. A year will be guaranteed and there is a possibility of extension. There are considerable funds available for travel.
You will have freedom to choose your subject, and with whom else to collaborate. Some of the people with
whom collaboration would be very welcome are:
- Pablo Barberis (quantum metrology)
- Jorge Seman (ultra-cold quantum gases)
- Daniel Sahagun (four wave mixing)
- Thomas Gorin (open quantum systems, random matrices, non-markovianity)
- Thomas Seligman (random matrices, classical complex systems)
- Carlos Gershenson, Jorge Flores and Gerardo Iñiguez (classical complex systems)
This list is incomplete, and in general joint collaboration with people from the department will be encouraged.
Applicants should provide:
- a structured CV, including a list of publications;
- the names and contacts (e-mail) of two senior researchers who may provide references for the candidate;
- a statement about their research experience, specifying research interests.
Relevant conditions are that you must have completed your PhD by December 31st 2019 but not longer than 5 years ago.
Applications or inquiries are to be emailed to Dr. Carlos Pineda (carlosp at fisica.unam.mx) with the subject "Postdoctoral appointment 2020." Please send an updated CV, a brief statement of interest, and contact information. Please send us also the e-mail address of three people who could send us reference letters. The review of applications will begin on the 1st of December and continue until the position is filled.