Position open for a 2-year postdoc on Quantum Chaos in the new group Quantum Dynamics and Control lead by Aurelia Chenu at the University of Luxembourg, starting as soon as possible.
The postdoc fellow will be working on dynamics of quantum chaos, considering unitary and open dynamics, using tools from random matrix theory, and contribute to a project funded by the John Templeton Foundation.
The applicant should be a creative and motivated researcher with
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
• A high-quality PhD in Theoretical Physics, ideally oriented toward Quantum Chaos;
• Solid knowledge of Quantum Mechanics;
• Good written and oral skills in English.
We offer a dynamic research unit in a recently created, quickly growing University; excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment; together with opportunities to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, conferences, etc).
Please send the following documents for application:
• Motivation letter, stating your experience and why you are interested in quantum chaos;
• Curriculum vitae (include year of birth, no picture);
• Contact of two persons willing to send letters of recommendation;
• Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades.
Send application to email@example.com with the keyword ‘JTFpostdoc’ in the email subject.
Please mention if you need a visa to work in Europe.
Applications will be processed upon arrival, and close on November 15th, 2021.