The Higher School of Economics is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past thirty years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education and has been recognized internationally.
HSE University was the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We proceed from the understanding that the university, which responsibly approaches the training of new professionals, should select as teachers people who have real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres, and more than 50 international research laboratories led by eminent professors from all over the world.
Centre for Quantum Metamaterials in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of theory of new functional materials, including low dimensional systems such as graphene, two-dimensional monolayers of transition metal dichalcogenides, and zero-dimensional objects - quantum dots.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of the condensed matter theory or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have a strong background in more than one of the following subjects: the density functional theory, analysis of dissipative quantum systems, many-body approaches in the condensed matter physics, and numerical modelling in condensed matter theory;
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Prof. A. V. Vagov;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working research projects of Centre for Quantum Metamaterials related to low-dimensional metamaterials;
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Centre for Quantum Metamaterials;
● participation in the events of the Centre for Quantum Metamaterials and other contribution to the Centre’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Centre for Quantum Metamaterials offers access to its computational and other resources necessary to implement the related research.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center may not be reviewed.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
Apply now: https://iri.hse.ru/ru/cmfpd23240
For more information:
- about the Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions - https://iri.hse.ru/faq_pd;
- about HSE university –official web-site - https://www.hse.ru/en/;
- about the Center– see the official web-site of MIEM HSE University and “Center for Quantum Metamaterials”: https://cqmm.hse.ru/en/;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support. - https://ifaculty.hse.ru/.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org