Argonne Requisition Number: 407185
Area: quantum computing or quantum communication (including quantum compiling, error correction, quantum networking, software stack development, or theory)
Location: Argonne National Laboratory
Duration: up to 3 years with yearly renewal
Start date: flexible, position available immediately
Salary: $90,000 per year
Benefits: visa assistance for international candidates, medical benefits, relocation
The Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne is seeking postdoctoral candidates to address computer and computational science challenges associated with advancing the frontier of quantum computation. We are actively recruiting both U.S. and international candidates. Video conference interview slots are available immediately.
We are seeking candidates with knowledge of quantum computing and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Large-scale code development in C, C++, Python or Java
• Compilation, circuit optimization, or verification of classical or quantum programs
• Development, analysis, or optimization of quantum algorithms
• High-performance computing or scientific computing
• Coding theory, error correction, or fault-tolerant computing
• Mathematical optimization or machine learning
• Quantum communication and networking
Postdoctoral candidates should apply at the following link: Postdoctoral Appointee - Computer Science for Quantum Computing.
What we Offer:
• Ability to participate in high-profile research projects and opportunity to collaborate with leading scientists in the quantum information science field
• Competitive salary, relocation assistance, and comprehensive benefits package
• A vibrant community of 3,300 employees including scientists, postdoctoral scholars and students located in close proximity to Chicago
• U.S. visa sponsorship for international candidates
• Salary $90,000 per year plus benefits
Questions about this opportunity can be answered by Paul Hovland (email@example.com) and Martin Suchara (firstname.lastname@example.org). The start date for this position is flexible, but candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.