The quantum computing group at CSI/BNL invites applications for a research associate position in theoretical quantum information science, with a start date of Summer/Fall of 2020.
The successful candidate will work closely with Layla Hormozi and other members of the group on topics related to error correcting codes and topological phases of matter. The term of employment for this position will be for two years contingent upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds by the end of the first year.
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science or related discipline
- Prior research experience in at least one of the following topics:
• Quantum Error Correcting Codes
• Topological Phases of Matter
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
In addition, the candidate is expected to have proven written and oral communication skills and contribute to the dissemination of research results by writing manuscripts and give academic presentations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A good understanding of the physics of strongly correlated systems, topological quantum field theories or tensor networks and their applications in condensed matter and high energy physics
- Some programming and data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of existing NISQ devices
Please apply on BNL website (job ID 2008) and arrange to have the following documents emailed (in PDF format) to Layla Hormozi (firstname.lastname@example.org):
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research Interests
• Three letters of recommendation
The review of applications will start on January 1 , 2020 and will continue until the
position is filled.