Employer web page:
Foundation for Polish Science “First Team” project entitled Integrated optics in time-frequency domain: a new versatile platform for quantum technologies
(Principal Investigator: Dr. habil. Magdalena Stobińska)
Quantum technologies enable solutions providing e.g. unconditionally secure information transfer or ultrasensitive detectors. They use entanglement, superposition and interactions at a single quanta level. Time-frequency integrated quantum optics is ideally suited for these tasks: flexible, scalable, robust to losses, offers high control of single photons. Its potential has not yet been explored. In this project, we plan to build high-quality random number generator and nanodevices based on graphene plasmons. To this end, we will advance the platform, producing pure spectrally-shaped single photons. Its features will allow to surpass the present technology to produce true randomness and study photon-plasmon interactions in 2D nanomaterials. Additional training will be provided by top specialists in integrated optics: the University of Paderborn and the University of Oxford.
- Performing theoretical research under supervision of the principal investigator
- Timely achieving scientific goals enumerated in the project research programme
- Developing numerical software and performing computations
- Studying literature on a regular basis and suggesting solutions to scientific problems
- Managing research notes, preparation of publications, conference posters and presentations
- Participation in scientific conferences and workshops
- Monitoring of the Ph. D. students’ work
- Performing helper organizational and administrative tasks
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668).
- Ph. D. degree in theoretical physics, with specialization in theoretical quantum optics or condensed matter (experience in analytical and numerical modelling is a plus)
- Ambitious hard-working with high motivation for scientific work and strong will for self-development
- Numerical programming practice, good knowledge of mathematical tools (e.g. Matlab or Wolfram Mathematica) and general computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Skype) as well as LaTeX typesetting environment
- Good practical knowledge of English (C level or native speaker)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Mobility (ability to travel within the EU and worldwide)
The candidate should provide the following documents:
- Application for the position. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/). In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- A copy of the Ph. D. diploma or a certificate of obtaining the Ph.D. degree
- Recommendation letter from the Ph. D. supervisor; recommendation letters from other senior scientists are welcome
- Scientific curriculum vitae describing education, employment history, previous participation in research projects, collaborations, internships, stipends, conferences, other achievements as well as scientific interests
- List of publications
- Motivational letter stating why the candidate is willing to participate in this research project
- Optional: a copy of a document certifying candidate’s knowledge of English
The selected candidate should deliver original documents on demand.
The candidate should send the documents to email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entire procedure will be concluded before 25 January 2019 The candidate might be asked for an interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty.
The candidates will be informed by e-mail about the results of the contest.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.
(place and date) (signature of the person applying for employment)