The mission of the Institute for Quantum Computing Analytics (PGI-12) is to model and improve quantum computing systems on multiple levels. From optimal control of the hardware, over error mitigation and compilation, to application specific quantum algorithms. We focus working on interfaces between disciplines in large innovative projects that strive for the development of scalable and useful quantum computers. In a tight integration with quantum computer hardware developers, we investigate the applicability of quantum computers towards real-world applications in a hardware-software co-design paradigm.
You will work in an interdisciplinary project team on application focused quantum algorithms. This includes
- the extension, development and analysis of new quantum algorithms for near-term and fault tolerant quantum computers
- investigating potential quantum advantage of such algorithms in real-world scenarios
- developing optimal compilation methods and tailored quantum algorithms for noisy quantum computers
- leading contributions to technical reports and scientific articles
- the supervision of PhD and master students
- PhD in physics, computer science, mathematics or comparable fields
- Proven research experience in the area of quantum algorithms or quantum information theory
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in interdisciplinary teams
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Ideally good German language skills, both written and spoken
- Ideally experience in software development
We work on highly topical socially relevant issues and offer you the opportunity to actively shape change!
We support you in your work through:
- Comprehensive training offers and individual opportunities for personal and professional development
- Comprehensive company health management
- Optimal conditions for work-life balance and a family-conscious corporate policy
- Flexible working time models, the option of full-time part-time work and 30 vacation days per year
- The possibility of (location-) flexible working, e.g. 2-3 days per week in a home office
- A large research campus in the countryside, which offers the best opportunities for networking with colleagues and for sporting activities in addition to work.
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service.
We offer you an exciting and varied position in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is initially limited to 3 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective. Remuneration and social benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund); depending on the existing qualifications and depending on the assignment of tasks, a grouping in the range of the remuneration group EG 14 TVöD-Bund.