USC’s Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of the university’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced artificial intelligence, information processing, computing, cybersecurity, and communications technologies. ISI’s 400 faculty, professional staff and graduate students carry out extraordinary information sciences research at three distinct locations - Marina Del Rey, CA; Arlington, VA; and Waltham, MA.
*This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA.*
The Information Sciences Institute at The University of Southern California invites applications for a postdoc position starting immediately. This is a 1-year appointment with a strong possibility of reappointment.
In this position, the successful applicant is expected to contribute to the design and development of gate-based quantum algorithms in the fields of quantum many-body simulations. The applicant should have strong analytical and numerical skills as well as knowledge in quantum computing, quantum mechanics and computational physics. The research may also include an experimental component including programming and executing algorithms on existing quantum circuit hardware.
- PhD in physics, computer sciences or other related disciplines.
- Knowledge in quantum computing, quantum mechanics, computational physics and numerical methods.
- Strong programming skills in e.g., C/C++, Fortran, Python.
- Background in Condensed Matter Physics, specifically quantum Monte Carlo and/or spin systems.
- Good ability to work alone and in a group.
To be considered for the position, please provide the following:
1) a detailed CV with publications and contact information for three references; and
2) a research statement outlining the candidate’s research, and interest in the position.
Position is currently open and will remain so until it is filled.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years Minimum Experience: 0-1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.