Our Quantum Cryptography research team is looking to hire a new research scientist. We have recently launched the World’s First Commercially-Ready Certifiable Quantum Cryptographic Device ‘Ironbridge’. Built around an innovative and ground-breaking single-purpose photonic 4-qubit quantum processor, IronBridge can generate keys reaching unprecedented levels of security. IronBridge thus provides maximal security in today’s most hostile environments as well as being post-quantum secure.
Within this role you will be working on identifying and developing the theory of new cryptographic products for real-world applications. You will also be interacting and working closely with our photonics team responsible for their implementation.
- To conduct original research and communicate technical material clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- To understand technical and advanced research material.
- Able to apply theory to a real-world requirement.
- Comfortable working in a team and communicating ideas that can be understood by others.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- A PhD in a Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Algorithms, Quantum Computing, Quantum Communications or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with the research literature on Quantum Cryptography.
- Programming experience (Python/Matlab).
- Knowledge about Cryptography and/or post-Quantum Cryptography.
- All applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 37.5 hour week
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org