The Munich based Volkswagen Data:Lab is the gateway to the newest technology and research for the entire Volkswagen Group, the largest car manufacturer in the world. We fulfill this mission by closely monitoring technology trends, shaping the best of them into products, and carrying out novel research. We are looking to grow the Data:Lab by adding experts in their field who would like to solve today’s most challenging problems and apply the solutions globally.
You will be joining the quantum computing team in Munich. This team is dedicated to finding applications of quantum computing within the Volkswagen Group, as well as doing fundamental research on the algorithms and machines that drive these applications. The ultimate goal of the quantum computing team is to bring quantum advantage to reality as soon as possible.
- Identify quantum computing use-cases within the current and future business areas of the Volkswagen Group and meet with the relevant business partners
- Develop new and improve established quantum algorithms for optimisation
- Implement these algorithms on state-of-the-art quantum processors
- Successfully finished Masters degree in physics, computer science, mathematics, or equivalent
- Successfully finished classes in quantum theory, quantum information and computing
- Knowledge of combinatorial/discrete optimization and complexity theory
- Good programming skills in Python/C++/R or equivalent, and version control (Git)
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of German a plus but not required
For questions please contact: Martin.Leib@volkswagen.de
To apply for the position go to: https://karriere.volkswagen.de/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zvw_hcmx_ui_ext/?jobId=8EE...