Research assistants in informatics for the project "Semantic tensor networks for large data sets analysis" needed. The project will be conducted in Quantum Systems of Informatics Group of Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Gliwice.
Goal of the project is to adapt tensor networks methods to large scale data processing.
Ambitious graduates in computer science, physics or mathematics interested in distributed programming, data analysis, quantum information and multi-linear algebra are welcome to apply.
- title of ‘magister’ or equivalent (M.Sc.) in informatics (computer science), mathematics, physics or similar field;
- numerical programming skills in languages such as: Python, Octave, Matlab, Julia;
- good knowledge of linear algebra;
- willingness to perform scientific research;
- very good spoken and written English language skills.
Additional welcomed skills:
- experience with distributed and parallel computing;
- knowledge of one or more of the following: quantum information theory, tensor networks methods, matrix and tensor analysis, probability theory;
- experience in scientific research confirmed by publications;
- good team-working skills.
- Full time position for one year.
- Good working environment in an active research group.
- Benefits: 36 days of vacation leave, health insurance, paid sick leave.