- Developing quantum machine learning algorithms
- Investigating error mitigation for NISQ devices
- Participating in cooperation projects with industry and research
- Managing project assignments and/or supervising students
- Disseminating research results in scientific publications, lectures and by attending outreach activities aimed at the general public (e.g., events, trade fairs, etc.)
What we expect from you
- A scientific degree in computer science, physics, math, or similar. A doctorate is a plus
- Experience in machine learning and deep neural networks
- Basic knowledge in quantum computing
- Programming experience in python
- Work experience in research and/or industry
- Fluent English for collaborative work in an international team
Who we are
We in the »Self-Learning Systems« group works in a range of advanced machine learning topics. We employ deep learning in combination with reinforcement-learning techniques and methods for reliable and interpretable artificial intelligence (AI). We also use and investigate continual and distributed learning as well as deep compression.
With your help, we want to make use of quantum algorithms in machine learning. Quantum Machine Learning is a young, emerging research field at the intersection between AI and quantum computing. Driven by the results of recent efforts to demonstrate a quantum advantage, the focus of the research community is on developing novel quantum algorithms for today’s quantum computers.
What you can expect from us
Fraunhofer is the largest application-oriented research organization in Europe. In 2019, it was distinguished as Germany’s number one employer in both the Trendence Graduate Barometer (in the “Research” and “Public sector” categories) and in the Randstad Employer Brand Research ranking.
- We value innovative ideas and pursue novel solutions. Join us to play a part in shaping the future.
- We will help you develop personalized soft skills and specialist training.
- We are a family-friendly employer. Sometimes family takes precedence – we get that
We offer you varied and challenging work in an enthusiastic team. You can contribute with your ideas and help design new concepts. Regular training is given, as are flexible, family-friendly work arrangements.
Employment, remuneration, and social benefits are in line with the collective bargaining agreement for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially offered as a two-year contract. Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the event of equal qualifications. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Applications only through this link: