For our location in Zeuthen we are seeking:
Remuneration Group 13 | Limited: 2 years | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: APPO001/2024 | Deadline: 28.02.2024 | Full-time/Part-time | Remote work possible
DESY, with more than 3000 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The Centre for Quantum Technology and Applications (CQTA) invites candidates to apply for a position as a research associate in Quantum Computing with a focus on applications in industry, government, and academia. CQTA is a science-led center at DESY Zeuthen, enabling researchers from universities, industry, and other institutions to develop new applications for current and future quantum computers, addressing questions in science, industry, and beyond.
About your role:
The selected candidate will work with the group of Dr. Karl Jansen head of CQTA. The key duties of the position include:
• Strengthening research on Quantum Computing at CQTA, including the development, implementation, and testing of respective quantum algorithms
• Contributing to the supervision of PhD students
• Publishing in high-impact journals, presenting results at workshops and conferences, and establishing and strengthening links with other research groups in Germany and abroad
• Collaborating with partners from public institutions and industry to develop quantum solutions for their challenges
It is expected that the applicant has:
• A strong background in quantum information/quantum computation
• Experience in developing quantum algorithms for current and near-term quantum devices
• Expertise in supervising PhD and/or Master's students
• Some background knowledge in (quantum) machine learning
• Experience in communicating with representatives from industry and government organizations
• Experience in writing scientific proposals
Good reasons to join:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. Respectful cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees are particularly important to us. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work-life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time, job-sharing models and participation in mobile work (up to 50 %). You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public funded employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV‑AVH. DESY offers its employees a financial supplement for a German job ticket at both locations.
For further information please contact Enrico Brehm (email@example.com).
Please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation and research interests, CV, list of publications, relevant certificates and three letters of references). Please use our online tool for the submission of the letters of reference: Additional application documents
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified (sbv.desy.de).
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392