Nu Quantum is developing novel quantum photonics components employing proprietary nanostructures. You will be involved in the cleanroom nanofabrication and processing of these devices and will be part of the team designing, testing and optimising the technology.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience/qualifications:
5+ years industry or academic cleanroom nanofabrication experience, specialising in (III-V) semiconductor photonics or optoelectronics. Skills:
- Proven ability and appetite to improve the performance of novel nano/mesoscopic photonic and semiconductor devices through better design and cleanroom fabrication, e.g. light detectors, terahertz lasers, quantum cascade lasers, transition-edge sensors.
- Proven experience with all standard cleanroom processing techniques: wet etch, dry etch, photolithography, metal evaporation, lift-off, atomic layer deposition, encapsulation, dielectric growth, polymer deposition, focused ion beam.
- Experience with device characterisation techniques such as ellipsometry, profilometry, AFM, SEM, four point probe measurements.
- Proven experience with associated device processing such as mask design, packaging and bonding.
- For senior candidates: proven experience and ability to produce and optimise standard operating procedures for cleanroom processes.
- Programming skills (Python preferred) for
- instrumentation and data analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent self-organisation skills
- Good communication skills.
- A proactive, positive and creative mindset.
- 25 days annual leave + UK Bank Holidays
- Free and confidential Health & Wellbeing support
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme provided by SMART pensions
- Flexible working from home options
- Complimentary fruit and drinks (when in the office)
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Onsite parking available
Apply by the end of February through our recruitment portal at https://apply.workable.com/nu-quantum/
Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to create a diverse environment and to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or religious background.
What we do at Nu Quantum
Illuminating the quantum revolution.
At Nu Quantum we make quantum devices which can emit and detect single-photons. Our devices underpin those quantum systems which make single photons carry quantum information or interact in sophisticated ways, to arrive at a new era of communications, simulation, computing, sensing and metrology. By combining novel materials and semiconductor technology, the Nu Quantum components achieve new capabilities and groundbreaking enhanced performance.
History of Nu Quantum
Nu Quantum was founded in late 2018 to commercialise cutting-edge research spun out of the Cavendish Laboratory at the University of Cambridge. The company is backed by a syndicate of world-class investors led by Amadeus Capital Partners, and has been awarded several multi-million government projects. Nu Quantum is now growing a world-class multi-disciplinary team in Cambridge, and plan to launch their first quantum product in 2021.
Working at Nu Quantum
We’re a fast-paced and rapidly-growing start up, with a friendly, supportive and ambitious approach. We have a strong culture of trust and respect and can offer lots of varied opportunities and responsibilities for our teams to take ownership of and grow with. We value creativity, integrity, ambition, meaningful teamwork, and fun. We are looking for people with drive and passion. You will be collaborating with a growth minded, diverse team.