The Quantum Engineering Science and Technology (QUEST) group at UMass Lowell, MA and the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) at Boulder, CO are looking for a motivated postdoctoral researcher to start as soon as possible. The primary focus of the research will be multi-qubit reservoir engineering, readout and control. This postdoctoral research opportunity will involve developing designs, characterization and measurement protocols for novel parametric circuit-QED architectures. The primary location of this work will be at the NIST facility in Boulder, CO, which has been active in developing superconducting qubits in all aspects of quantum information for nearly two decades. Dr. Raymond Simmonds will be the primary advisor of the work carried out at NIST Boulder.
The initial term of appointment is two years, with the possibility of an extension for another two years contingent upon funding and successful performance.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Physics, Engineering, or Computer Sciences obtained before the start date of the position
- Experience with microfabrication of superconducting circuits and circuit-QED architectures
- Experience with dispersive readout, basic theoretical modelling, data analysis and fitting, along with programming microwave equipment is highly encouraged
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration completed applications, including all letters of recommendations should be received by February 28, 2022 .
- The position is open to US citizens/permanent residents and international applicants.
- For applying, please visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/511585/postdoctora...
- For inquiries related to the position, please contact: Prof. Archana Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Raymond W. Simmonds, email@example.com