Computer algebra in quantum computing and quantum information theory
Quantum information processing provides a plethora of new problems and research topics suitable for tackling using computer algebra systems. This includes the problems of characterizing multipartite entanglement, generation and optimization of quantum computational circuits and analysis of quantum walks and quantum automata. In the reverse direction, quantum algorithms which outperform their classical counterparts may be of use in symbolic calculations (e.g. Grobner Bases). The aims of this session are to exchange recent results and ideas concerning the application of numerical, symbolic and algebraic methods in quantum information processing and quantum mechanics. Topics to be considered include (but are not limited to):
* simulation and modeling of quantum computation;
* symbolic and numerical methods applied to solving the Schrödinger equation;
* algebraic and geometric analysis of quantum algorithms and protocols;
* methods for constructing and optimizing quantum computational circuits;
* algebraic methods in quantum cryptography;
* quantifying quantum entanglement;
* quantum walks and their utilization for modeling quantum networks;
* quantum automata and algebraic groups;
* logic and algebraic structures from quantum computation;
* quantum programming languages.
If you are interested in giving a presentation at this session, please email an abstract to miszczak [at] iitis.pl. The duration of a talk is to be 30 minutes including time for discussion. Tentative deadline for talk submissions is 15th of May, 2015.
It is planned to compile an electronic (PDF) book of abstracts for the meeting. For your abstract please use the LaTeX template available on the web page. You must send your abstract(s) to your session Chairs. There will be a volume of the Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics series devoted to ACA 2015. For the volume we welcome full versions of papers presented at any of the Special Sessions. Individual contributions will be all refereed to the high quality standards of leading journals in the field. The deadline date of submission will be announced asap. More information can be found on the conference web page.