The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Washington
Invites applications for two tenure track positions in Quantum Information Science and Technology (QIST). Candidates making connections between QIST and data science, circuits, devices, controls, computer engineering, information theory and other existing efforts in the ECE department are particularly encouraged to apply but all areas of QIST will be considered. Hires will be made at the Assistant Professor rank (Tenure-track). The positions are full-time, multi-year appointments with 9-month service periods and with an anticipated start date of September 1, 2021.
UW ECE offers an innovative, collaborative and inclusive environment in which our faculty and students succeed at finding impactful solutions to today’s challenges. The Seattle area is particularly attractive given the presence of significant industrial research laboratories, top technology companies, as well as a vibrant technology-driven entrepreneurial community that further enhances the intellectual atmosphere.
We look forward to learning how the applicant's experience or future plans for teaching, research, and service would support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. The University is a first-round awardee of the National Science Foundation’s ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Award to increase the advancement of women faculty in science, engineering, and math. Moreover, the College of Engineering has consistently had one of the highest percentages of women faculty in the top 50 colleges of engineering (US News and World Report Undergraduate Rankings). Additionally, the University’s Office for Faculty Advancement promotes the hiring, retention, and success of a diverse and inclusive faculty at the University of Washington.
All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service.
Applicants for tenure-track and tenure-eligible positions must have earned a doctorate (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics or related field, by the date of appointment.
To ensure full consideration of your application, please submit all materials no later than December 31, 2020 for full consideration. Applications will only be accepted via Interfolio.
Please provide pdf files for the following requested materials:
1. Cover letter indicating interest and fit with the position.
2. A current curriculum vitae.
3. Three letters or reference.
4. A research statement that includes your vision for research for the next 5 years and the potential for research collaboration and QIST impact.
5. A statement of teaching and education interests, and/or philosophy that includes plans to effectively develop and deliver educational materials, attract and mentor graduate students, and engage the broader community.
6. A statement of diversity/equity/inclusion reflecting how your lived experiences of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion and your approach to research, education and/or service contribute to positive social change and are inclusive of individuals with different gender, class, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, national and cultural boundaries, national origin, worldview, ability, and other identities.
For any administrative issues or inquiries related to the search, please contact email@example.com. For technical issues, please contact Interfolio staff at 877-997-8807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.