We are happy to announce the opening of the call for applications to the 2015 edition of the Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies (DP-PMI).
The DP-PMI aims at providing advanced curricular and research training in the recent developments and fundamental challenges in information sciences and technologies, namely in:
1. Classical and Quantum Information Theory;
2. Classical and Quantum Logic, Computation and Machine Learning;
3. Classical and Quantum Information Security and Communications;
4. Nanoenergetics and Quantum Thermodynamics;
5. Ultimate limits to precision measurements and navigation.
The DP-PMI is hosted by Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST), the School of Science and Engineering of the University of Lisbon, in Portugal, and eight associated research centres.
The programme is funded mainly by a 2.2 MEuro grant from the Portuguese Science Foundation (FCT).
The Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information aims at recruiting top-level students at the global scale, and train them in a multidisciplinary and international setting. The applications for the 2015 edition of the DP-PMI, starting in September 2015, are open until 25 March 2015 at 14h00 Lisbon time.
For more information, see: