Title: Experimental Quantum Engineer
Department: Quantum Information Processing
Location: Cambridge MA
Raytheon BBN Technologies, located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a qualified Experimental Physicist with a minimum of 5 years of experience performing sophisticated experiments in solid state quantum physics. The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial group advancing computation and communications technology by exploring quantum and optical phenomena. The candidate will support experimental efforts in superconducting quantum computing. Experience in development of low noise electronics and microwave electronics is required. Candidate must have FPGA/PCB design skills that encompass schematic capture, PCB layout, FPGA programming in VHDL, and FPGA simulation. In addition, experience performing high-frequency and mK low-noise measurements is desirable. Position responsibilities will include building and developing novel experiments to demonstrate advanced concepts in a system environment.
Job Accountabilities and Qualifications:
* FPGA development, PCB layout, and/or embedded software development
* Microwave PCB EM simulations, characterization and packaging experience
* Design custom I/O analog/digital mezzanine cards
* Resolves complex technical problems by applying advanced
principles and R&D techniques in a technical field; possesses
working knowledge across a number of technical specialties.
* Demonstrated ability to make a positive impression on external
customers; confidently presents material to customers and
* Takes proactive action to anticipate, understand, and meet
project and customer needs.
* Develops concepts and organizes ideas; demonstrates
originality and ingenuity.
* Works independently and requires only minimal supervision.
* Contributes elements to proposals and white papers;
contributes regularly to peer-reviewed publications and project
* Uses knowledge of industry and company objectives in business
* Understands group business efforts and the implications on own
area of expertise, while differentiating competitors' strategies.
* Exhibits a leadership and work style that accommodates diversity
in ideas, employees, customers and cultures, without sacrificing
Minimum Education: PhD in Physics or Engineering or related field
Minimum Experience: 5 years experience in physics and/or engineering laboratory.
Required: Programming experience with MATLAB, EM simulation software (Sonnet, Genesys, HFSS).
Desired: programming in C/C++, Python; VHDL; board design related tools eg. Altium
US Citizenship is preferred. Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance desirable.