MITRE is seeking highly qualified and motivated scientist/engineer to join MITRE’s Quantum “Moonshot” Program. The candidate should have intimate knowledge or experience in quantum optics and integrated photonics. In this role, you will apply your technical experience in quantum physics and photonics to develop entangled photon sources, chip-based quantum photonic circuits, or quantum optical measurement systems. You will also collaborate with other team members to integrate generation, control, and measurement of photonic or matter quantum bits for the development of a photonic universal quantum computer.
This position offers opportunities to work on a wide range of problems in quantum science and technology, impact research directions, and collaborate with internal and external teams possessing a broad range of expertise and skills.
– Ph.D. in Physics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Quantum Optics/Photonics or related optical field
– Must be a U.S. Citizen
– Doctoral or postdoctoral research experience to advance photonic or quantum technologies in industry, government, or academia
– Background in experimental physics: quantum optical measurements, condensed matter, solid-state spin qubits, micro- and nano-fabrication, and spin resonance physics
– Background in engineering: design and construction of quantum photonic systems, microwave/RF engineering, and single photon detectors
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills