Employer web page:
We offer a full-time or part-time position in the Physical Foundations of IT Security team within the Terahertz and Laser Spectroscopy Department in the DLR Institute of Optical Sensor Systems. Our research interest is the realization of physical model systems for photonic and quantum information processing. This includes quantum light sources and quantum memories for repeater-based quantum communication and optical quantum computing, but also optical neuromorphic computing architectures for artificial intelligence.
The following exciting research activities await you at our company:
- Development of high performance sources for single and entangled photons based on parametric conversion within the research project ""Microintegrated High Performance Sources for Quantum Communication""
- Miniaturization of resonator amplified sources and establishment of a reproducible, industrial fabrication together with the academic and industrial partners
- Testing the compatibility of the sources with atomic quantum memories as a cornerstone for the application of the sources in quantum information and communication technology.
-We would also like to invite students, about to graduate with a Master's/Diploma degree, to apply.
- completed scientific university studies (university diploma/ master) in physics, physical engineering or similar relevant to the job
- experience with experimental methods of photonic quantum technology, especially with photon sources based on parametric conversion
- demonstrated in-depth knowledge and interest in quantum optics and quantum technology
- basic knowledge of programming with Python
- very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- completed PhD / master thesis in the field of experimental quantum optics is an advantage
- first experience with scientific publishing or project management is desired
Please contact Janik.Wolters@dlr.de for more information.