2 PhD and 2 PostDoc positions are available in the ion trapping laboratory at Palacky University in Olomouc, Czechia. The positions will be funded within the 5 year Centre of Excellence and are available in the following research directions:
- engineering of quantum nonlinear interactions between photons and phonons in trapped atomic ions,
- realization of the photonic coupling between ions in Paul traps and optically levitated nanoparticles,
- development of the molecular ion source with Helium nanodroplets precooling for quantum logic spectroscopy.
The center is targeted at boosting career opportunities for young researchers. Selected successful PostDoc candidates will be offered a tenure track position as an extension of their initial contract.
- The PhD candidate is expected to show a strong motivation and commitment to research in the outlined research directions. The gross monthly Ph.D. salary will correspond to 45,000 CZK brutto, including health and social insurance + potential bonuses; 28 days of holiday, and additional benefits.
- The postdoctoral candidate is expected to have completed a Ph.D. in experimental quantum physics and possess excellent scientific presentation skills. Gross monthly salary including health and social insurance will correspond to 50,000 - 75,000 CZK depending on research experience + potential bonuses; 28 days of holiday, and additional benefits.
Start: January 1st, 2024 and later
Duration: 24 months (with possible extension)
The applications should be addressed to Dr. Lukas Slodicka (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a structured CV; list of publications; and references for recommendation letters.