PhD and postdoctoral positions at Institute for Theoretical Physics, Ulm
The Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Ulm, with Professors Martin B Plenio and Susana F Huelga, invites applications for PhD and postdoctoral positions in theoretical quantum physics
The focus of our research is on
- the theory of quantum information, entanglement and coherence,
- diamond quantum technologies for sensing, QIP and simulation and medical imaging
- open quantum systems and control,
- quantum effects in biology,
- quantum many body systems and control, and
- quantum simulators in atomic, molecular and optical systems.
As a member of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, you will be a part of a diverse world-leading team and will have the opportunity to work on challenging and important problems in quantum physics including the above-mentioned topics of focus. The group has a longstanding track record of successful cooperation with experimental teams in and out of Ulm. Collaborations within the framework on the Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST https://iqst.org/) including local start-up NVision Imaging Technologies are also encouraged.
Applications can be submitted preferably before 15 January 2019 or otherwise anytime throughout the year at http://qubit-ulm.com/category/vacancies/.