We are currently offering a PhD position to a highly motivated and well-qualified student who intends to enhance his or her career in quantum information theory. The successful candidate will work as part of the research group led by Jens Eisert at the FU Berlin. For an overview of the research activities of the group, see
We are an active research group with a culture of open discussion, creative interdisciplinary thought and substantial international collaborations. In the focus of attention for this PhD project are specifically topics of
- quantum error correction
- topological quantum memories
- decoding algorithms
- physical implementations of topological quantum computing and
- dissipation mechanism in quantum many-body systems.
Candidates must hold a degree in physics or mathematics or should complete the requirements for a degree soon. Interested candidates are invited to submit
- a letter indicating their main research interests,
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- the electronic (email) contact details of two potential referees.
All applications should be sent in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the key word "QuantumInformation2016" in the subject line. Review of the applications will begin after July 10, 2016 and will continue until the positions are filled. Early submissions are appreciated. The start date is flexible.