Applications are invited for PhD and Postdoc positions in the field of Quantum Optics and Quantum Technologies within Wilczek Quantum Center, working on the optomechanical systems, quantum information processing with color centers in solids, continuous variable quantum information processing, and quantum phase transitions.
The successful candidates will work primarily with Mehdi Abdi’s newly established research group and will enjoy the international academic atmosphere of the Wilczek Quantum Center. The salaries are competitive with European universities plus extra benefits.
Length and Start Date:
The positions are expected to be available from 1st April 2023, but the start date is flexible and can be delayed until October 2023. The positions are for 2 years and extendible according to the performance and qualifications.
International PhD students are recruited by the university at specific times of the year (please contact us for the deadlines, etc.) and usually start in September each year. The full-time program is 4 years.
Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants should have, or be about to obtain, a PhD in a relevant area of theoretical physics, and to have an established track record of original research and experience of working in collaboration. A robust knowledge of quantum optics and the theory of quantum information is required, while numerical experiences are advantageous. Have good skills to communicate in written and spoken English. (Note: According to SJTU regulations postdocs should be under the age of 35 at the time of hiring).
Holding a Master’s degree in Physics, preferably in a Quantum Theory, and meeting the language requirements of SJTU, see here.
Interested candidates are requested to send the following materials to Mehdi Abdi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sisi Cheng (email@example.com):
1) Full CV including list of publications.
2) A research statement with description of your recent research and your future plan (not to exceed three pages).
3) The contact details of at least two academic referees. (Please let your referees be aware that they will be contacted by the WQC to request they provide a reference for you).
1) Full CV.
2) A motivation letter (not to exceed one page).
3) The contact details of at least one referee. (Please let your referees be aware that they will be contacted by the WQC to request they provide a reference for you).