Looking for 2 postdocs to work in the newly established Quantum Resources Group at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Poland. The official calls can be found at the EURAXESS website: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/451903. The specific research directions that the group will pursue are described in the Research Agenda that is available here: http://kamilkorzekwa.com/group/research_agenda.pdf.
The broad aim of the group is to develop a theoretical framework underpinning quantum technologies, with a particular focus on quantum computing and quantum thermodynamics.
The main goals of the group are:
- Identifying resources responsible for quantum advantage over classical strategies in various information-theoretic and thermodynamic tasks.
- Characterising allowed resource transformations in different regimes.
- Finding optimal ways to experimentally implement protocols exhibiting quantum advantage, while taking into account realistic constraints.
These goals will be achieved within three research objectives:
- Development of a unified framework for classical simulations of quantum circuits.
- Devising feasible thermodynamic protocols exhibiting quantum advantage.
- Constructing operational scenarios within the resource theory of coherence.