Quantum Algorithm Developer
Parity Quantum Computing GmbH
(Innsbruck, Full time, m/w/x)
What we do
ParityQC is the first architecture company for quantum optimization on a quantum computer. With our architecture we enable all current hardware platforms to solve real-world optimization problems with our blueprint to build scalable, fully programmable and parallelizable chips that are greatly reduced in complexity. The most important advantage is that it separates the problem from the interactions and therefore shifts it from hardware to software.
About the job
We are looking for a Quantum Algorithm Developer who will join our team of Quantum Physicists creating next-generation quantum computers. The role involves mainly the development of algorithms and quantum hardware proposals using the ParityQC architecture. We are developing ParityOS, a toolchain of software that translates optimization problems from its raw mathematical formulation to a complete quantum program.
As a Quantum Algorithm Developer, you will develop pioneering algorithms in the realm of quantum computing. These novel quantum algorithms will run on near-term quantum devices. We develop optimization algorithms both digital and analog for our architecture. The focus of our company is the co-development of hardware and software, which requires both theoretical knowledge of quantum information theory, as well as a deep understanding of the current qubit platforms. Your tasks involve creating innovative techniques and strategies to tackle optimization problems in the Parity Architecture as well as refining them and pushing their limits.
Skills & Experience
Required Skills & Experience
• PhD or Master’s degree in (theoretical) physics, mathematics or related subject with a focus on quantum computation
• Deep understanding of quantum computation and quantum information
• Programming skills, in particular, Python
• High degree of creativity and pro-activeness
• Ability to work self-initiated and independently, experience in research
• Fluency in English
• PhD in quantum physics (theoretical physics)
• Experience with at least one of the common qubit platforms (atoms, ions, superconducting qubits, etc.)
• Quantum error correction codes and/or stabilizer codes
• A proven track record in quantum physics and in particular quantum information
• German skills are a plus, but not required
What we offer
We are a young spin-off working in one of the most exciting emerging technology fields. There are no long-time proven concepts on what we are doing – we need to invent everything from scratch, and we are therefore able to shape a whole new generation of computing. ParityOS is the first fully cloud-based operating system for quantum computers. We are pioneers in this field and develop the blueprints for the upcoming generations. Thus, the position also offers the possibility to conduct research and publish in peer-reviewed journals. Furthermore, we offer an appealing work environment with an international, motivated team and the flexibility to partially work from home.
**Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating why you would be interested in working at ParityQC and why your experience is relevant **
Job: full time
Hours of work per week: 38,5 h
Remuneration based on experience