Quantum Computing Postdoctoral Scholar Berkeley, CA
Berkeley Lab’s Computational Research Division has an opening for a Quantum Computing Postdoctoral Scholar. This role is responsible for research focused on the development algorithms for chemical sciences simulations to be performed on quantum computers. In addition, you will contribute to the development and/or advancement of open-source software tools, primarily in Python, possibly in C/C++, focused on implementation of optimal algorithms on large numbers of qubits. You will be involved in the design and execution of simulations of physical hardware from testbeds and commercial partners. Involvement in the publication of the research and contributions at conferences is expected.
The incumbent will be part of an integrated team of quantum algorithm developers, mathematicians and computer scientists that will design and deliver novel algorithms, compiling techniques, and scheduling tools for chemical sciences that will break new ground in modeling dynamical processes in chemistry and will advance machine learning on near-term quantum computing platforms, and provide a foundation for algorithmic development by the broader scientific and engineering scientific community.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the development of algorithms for dynamics simulations in chemical sciences.
- Contribute to the implementation of algorithms in open-source software tools for quantum computing.
- Contribute to the advancement of software tools developing optimal quantum source code.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team contribute to the design and execution of quantum chemistry simulations on physical hardware.
- Publish results in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Excellent presentation skills
What is Required:
- PhD degree in Quantum Chemistry, Physics, or a relevant field is required.
- Experience in quantum computing and related algorithm and software development is required.
- Strong programming skills Python.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team contributing to an active intellectual environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Programming skills in C/C++.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.