Research assistants in informatics for the project "Semantic tensor networks for large data sets analysis" needed.
The project will be conducted in Quantum Systems of Informatics Group of Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Gliwice.
Ambitious graduates in computer science, physics or mathematics interested in distributed programming, data analysis, quantum information and multi-linear algebra are welcome to apply.
* title of magister or equivalent (M.Sc.) in informatics (computer science), mathematics, physics or in similar field;
* experience in scientific research;
* numerical programming skills in such languages as Python, Octave, Matlab, Julia;
* knowledge of quantum information theory;
* data analysis skills;
* distributed and parallel computing skills;
* team-working skills;
* very good spoken and written English language skills.
* experienced Python programmer;
* experienced Julia programmer;
* very good knowledge of Python libraries: numpy, scipy, matplotlib;
* good knowledge of concepts of mathematical programming, especially semidefinite programming;
* experience in large dataset analysis confirmed by participation in research projects;
* knowledge of machine learning;
* tensor networks methods;
* matrix and tensor analysis;
* probability theory;
* experience in scientific research confirmed by publications;
* experience in popularization of science and public engagement;
* very good spoken and written Polish language skills.
* Full time job for the duration of the project - three years.
* Good working environment in an active research group.
* Benefits: 36 days of vacation leave, health insurance, paid sick leave.
[http://www.iitis.gliwice.pl/download/20150720_20150916_IITiS_PAN.pdf Detailed information]
Questions can be send to gawron /at/ iitis.pl