Senior Postdoctoral or Staff Scientist in Experimental Magnetic Quantum Engineering
We have an opening for a Senior Experimental/Engineering Postdoctoral Researcher or Staff Scientist in the Quantum Machines Unit (QMU), at the Okinawa Institute for Science and Technology (OIST).
The Quantum Machines Unit seeks to develop hybrid quantum devices – where different types of quantum technologies are married together to build devices with unique functionality e.g. quantum sensors, quantum interfaces, probing the fundamentals of quantum mechanics, novel quantum computing architectures etc. The Unit is focused on developing experimental quantum technology based on the preparation of quantum states of motion using magnetic levitation of small objects in vacuum. Such levitated nanoparticles may prove useful for the investigation of macroscopic Schrodinger Cats – which are useful for precision sensing and probing the fundamental links between gravity and quantum mechanics.
The Unit operates with close communications between theory and experimental sub-teams and Postdoctoral Researchers/Staff Scientists will be given the opportunity to assist in the education and training of PhD students, Rotation students and Intern students.
Senior applicants are sought with suitable expertise include backgrounds related to either:
- cyrogenic/low temperature engineering
- vacuum physics/engineering
- photonic engineering
- electronic engineering
- fabrication and related.
These experimental posts are for two-years with the possibility of renewal.
*** Senior applicants with at least 5 years post-PhD experience may be eligible for long term appointments as Staff Scientists ***
- Compensation: The annual salary range for a postdoctoral scholar is between 4.56-5.79 million yen and is determined based on the years passed after he/she obtained a Ph.D. and following the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
To read more about the group surf to:
Interested candidates should email a CV, Cover Letter, BSc, MSc, PhD certificates, and details of 3 referees to email@example.com