The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial group advancing computation and communications technology by exploring quantum and optical phenomena. The candidate will lead and support experimental efforts in quantum and optical phenomena performing various measurement and applied physics/engineering tasks. Position responsibilities will include building and developing novel experiments to demonstrate advanced concepts in a system environment.
* Resolves complex technical problems by applying advanced
principles and R&D techniques in a technical field; possesses
working knowledge across a number of technical specialties.
* Develops and applies new principles with consultation.
* Demonstrated ability to make a positive impression on external
customers; confidently presents material to customers and
* Takes proactive action to anticipate, understand, and meet
project and customer needs.
* Develops concepts and organizes ideas; thinks "out of the box";
demonstrates originality and ingenuity.
* Works independently and requires only minimal supervision.
* Contributes significant elements to proposals and white papers;
contributes regularly to peer-reviewed publications and project
* Uses knowledge of industry and company objectives in business
* Understands group business efforts and the implications on own
area of expertise, while differentiating competitors' strategies.
* Coordinates efforts of technical staff; may lead projects or
project tasks; may supervise/mentor other professional staff.
* Structures appropriate roles, work assignments and learning
opportunities to provide employee development and team success.
* Exhibits a leadership and work style that accommodates diversity
in ideas, employees, customers and cultures, without sacrificing
PhD in Physics or Engineering or related field
* 5 years experience in physics and/or engineering laboratory.
US Citizenship is preferred. Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance highly desirable.